UPHOLDING & PROTECTING THE DIGNITY OF WOMEN AND GIRLS
At the Womensphere Foundation, a key mission is to create solutions and impact on some of the world's greatest challenges, a foremost global issue being upholding and protecting the dignity of women and girls globally.
We are developing our own programs, as well as
collaborating with select partners on programs that protect the dignity
of women and girls, and that uphold the human rights of women and girls, including the human rights to freedom from violence and freedom from unjust persecution.
We are supporting and promoting the following organizations:
- Arab-American Family Support Center - led by Lena Alhusseini, Executive Director
- Association for Women in Development (AWID) - led by Lydia Alpizar, Executive Director
- Global Fund for Women - led by Musimbi Kanyoro, CEO (Womensphere Global Award)
- Global Fund for Widows - led by Heather Ibrahim Leathers, Chair and Founder
- One Billion Rising - led by Eve Ensler, Founder, V-Day and Vagina Monologues
- Polaris Project - founded by Katherine Chon (Womensphere Global Award)
- Women Moving Millions - led by Jacki Zehner, CEO
- Women's Refugee Commission - led by Sarah Costa, Executive Director
- United Nations (UN) Women - led by Michelle Bachelet, Executive Director
- UN Women Metro New York - led by Cheryl Benton, President & Founder